How would you repair this wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've always used polystyrene to close the cavity and then a levelled piece of plasterboard stuck with plasterboard adhesive.
All gaps filled with plasterboard adhesive.
Is there a new way of doing it?
Maybe a new product, different ideas and/or better way to do it without taking bricks out and rebuild the corners?
Any suggestion welcome.
Thanks.
20220515_130319.jpg
20220515_130329.jpg

Sponsored Links
I usually board it
… sometimes I
Will build a bit of stud wall on the end
So
I get a nice Finnish then fill the brick with mortar… depending where it’s going you may need fire resistant board… that said I have been using cement board a fair
Bit recently
Jake

I’ve never
Had a issue, I just tend to
Do a couple of coats of pva then skim
It, there may be a plaster who might come along to reply and have a different answer but as I say never had a issue over the years it’s been available
Thanks
Jake

Sponsored Links
Just seen that sts construction board can be plastered over and are available at wickes.
Easy enough.
Anything to suggest/add?
Thanks.

To make the corner square? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Yeah. Squirt it in, then cut it square.

I think it's great for corners like that, where there are lots of loose bricks, it really grabs and holds them, and then is easy to form.

Yeah. Squirt it in, then cut it square.

I think it's great for corners like that, where there are lots of loose bricks, it really grabs and holds them, and then is easy to form.
But it's not strong enough for a high traffic area.
I use it to plug holes high up walls where nobody will ever touch it, the classic is redundant extractor fan holes in kitchens.
But in those corners i surely need something more solid.
The walls are sound and strong.
I've usually done this sort of work with plasterboard and plasterboard adhesive, I was looking for a stronger solution.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back