Howdens kitchen prices, trade discount.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

In the last month or so, I've been looking at at DIY kitchen, happened to visit Howdens, where I've seen a solid kitchen I quick like.

I have a trade account with Howdens, but rarely use it.
From what I've read, the discount for trade users is partly down to your spend. I'm not being told what discount percentage I'm on... and there is a sale on.

Have had a quote for the kitchen, but not sure if they are not being generous of the discount.
On the range I'm looking at Chillcomb, which is a solid wood door the cost for a 600mm base hiline cabinet is coming in at £160+vat the tall cupboards around £420+vat.

It's been a long time since I bought a kitchen, and it feels a bit expensive to me, just wondered if anyone has bought similar recently and whether or not their discount is correct or there is more room to go.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I would never accept a trade merchants first price.

One of the first things I learnt when I started in the industry was NOT to ask "Is there a discount on that?", instead to ask "How much discount is there on that?"

And then, "Is that your best price?"

Even better is to get a price from elsewhere then ask if they can better it.

It's not their first price, but the pencil doesn't seem to want to be sharpened :(

If you're not in a rush, leave it for a couple of weeks and they will call you.

Sponsored Links
What is todays price to stop me shopping around? Then round them down.

Today’s price is what I’ve stated above.
Will be needing 25 units or so, so not a tiny order.

Was curious what other folk have been paying for similar units from Howdens... to give me a benchmark.

Today’s price is what I’ve stated above.
Will be needing 25 units or so, so not a tiny order.

Was curious what other folk have been paying for similar units from Howdens... to give me a benchmark.
I hardly buy from them but I know a chippie who does -he found the best way to get the price down was to try 3 different Howdens and get them to compete against each other -which may or may nto work depending on the branch managers

I found howdens to be a bit more expensive than others, but very accommodating and with plenty of stock, so any change of plans is not a big problem.
Also their products are of good quality and durable.
Price wise, they can be very expensive or very reasonable, accordingly to who you speak to.
In my days I had my contact and always dealt with him, but I saw some people being ripped off, for example, £140 for a 600mm cabinet door.

I used to buy 3-4 kitchens a year off howden.
they’re no cheaper than anyone else and the sales pressure is horrendous.
their sales deals and “ buy so many units for £600 “ deals are a scam.
This time of year they’re gagging for sales so play them off against each other.
However, Howdens pre-assembled units are 2nd to none in theyre quality, compared to bq wren benchmarx etc.

Hello all

In the last month or so, I've been looking at at DIY kitchen, happened to visit Howdens, where I've seen a solid kitchen I quick like.

I have a trade account with Howdens, but rarely use it.
From what I've read, the discount for trade users is partly down to your spend. I'm not being told what discount percentage I'm on... and there is a sale on.

Have had a quote for the kitchen, but not sure if they are not being generous of the discount.
On the range I'm looking at Chillcomb, which is a solid wood door the cost for a 600mm base hiline cabinet is coming in at £160+vat the tall cupboards around £420+vat.

It's been a long time since I bought a kitchen, and it feels a bit expensive to me, just wondered if anyone has bought similar recently and whether or not their discount is correct or there is more room to go.

Many thanks

Anyone ever used them? I normally use Howdens but I've heard they are significantly cheaper.
They're based in Yorkshire so not really practical to visit their only showroom. For Customers I would stick with Howdens but I'm replacing my own kitchen and want to keep the costs down.

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/diy-kitchens.546550/#ixzz6biDDvcGY

my experience with Howdens is they ring up all cheerfully to say they are delivering......then you discover some key bits are missing.

sods law says itll be the starting point -a corner or full height oven unit

not very funny if you've booked chippies to fit.

Sponsored Links
Back