DIY Kitchens

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone ever used them? I normally use Howdens but I've heard they are significantly cheaper.
They're based in Yorkshire so not really practical to visit their only showroom. For Customers I would stick with Howdens but I'm replacing my own kitchen and want to keep the costs down.

Sponsored Links
Anyone ever used them? I normally use Howdens but I've heard they are significantly cheaper.
They're based in Yorkshire so not really practical to visit their only showroom. For Customers I would stick with Howdens but I'm replacing my own kitchen and want to keep the costs down.

Keep cost down? Why?

I heard you were rolling in it.

I have one of their kitchens, fitted by me about 6 months ago. Far better quality than the sheds, helpful staff and a very comprehensive showroom. You can use an online planner, get it checked by them and make any changes required before buying. Worth visiting their showroom to see the ranges they do with loads of display models and such like on display.

I have used two of the sheds before and looked at wren and howdens.

I would buy another from diy if I was redoing my kitchen again in the future.

I see a van yesterday in Bishop's Stortford. Would be interested. I need a new kitchen

Sponsored Links
I have one of their kitchens, fitted by me about 6 months ago. Far better quality than the sheds, helpful staff and a very comprehensive showroom. You can use an online planner, get it checked by them and make any changes required before buying. Worth visiting their showroom to see the ranges they do with loads of display models and such like on display.

I have used two of the sheds before and looked at wren and howdens.

I would buy another from diy if I was redoing my kitchen again in the future.

Where is the showroom

I normally use Howdens
Moi aussi.

Regardless of Howdens' initial fee for their kitchens, are you sure that other less expensive alternatives are actually cheaper?

What I mean is that when I fitted mine, Howdens were an absolute boon when it came tom swapping damaged end panels, sourcing forgotten bits and pieces, product guarantees etc. Essential when you are paying blokes to fit it.

Moi aussi.

Regardless of Howdens' initial fee for their kitchens, are you sure that other less expensive alternatives are actually cheaper?

What I mean is that when I fitted mine, Howdens were an absolute boon when it came tom swapping damaged end panels, sourcing forgotten bits and pieces, product guarantees etc. Essential when you are paying blokes to fit it.

I'll be fitting it myself, I'll get a price of DIY and see if I can use that as leverage to kick Howdens in the nuts.
I know what you mean about Howdens, no quibble with returns, something missing and they can always get it in less than a week, and my local branch is almost walking distance.

The showroom is near Pontefract, I think its actually South Kirkby.

They use their own delivery service so nothing gets bashed around. No damaged parts for my kitchen at least. I had to have a couple of items sent out by post that arrived within 48 hours. I had an extra item sent out within 48 hours after quoting my order number so no problems there either.

The showroom is near Pontefract, I think its actually South Kirkby.

They use their own delivery service so nothing gets bashed around. No damaged parts for my kitchen at least. I had to have a couple of items sent out by post that arrived within 48 hours. I had an extra item sent out within 48 hours after quoting my order number so no problems there either.

I'm just using their online planner as we 'speak'. I've got to say it's jolly clever.

I normally use Howdens
Ive not had a good experience with Howdens -what Ive found is that they ring you up and tell you 'its all ready and will be delivered on XYZ day' -great so I book in the fitters.....and on the day, guess what: some key bits are missing, sadly for me it was a corner unit missing -had that on 2 jobs.

Never had any problem with Wickes Kitchens and actually made a profit when I returned un-needed panels as they were refunded at list price.

That's the one. A few bad reviews but overall a respectable scoring, Howdens didn't fare as well. DIY were also rated highly by Which magazine.
The quote is for a medium size U shaped kitchen, 8 lower units and 8 higher units. Includes 3 worktops, composite sink and s/s tap, Double built under oven, ceramic hob over, linear extractor, built in microwave to one of upper cupboards, Integral fridge freezer. Soft closures on everything. Comes out to about £4600 excluding cost of worktops.
Howdens would be starting the bidding at £6500 for the same.
Going to send off for some samples before deciding, no rush as there's a wall that needs taking out, radiator needs moving before I can do that and the plumbers giving me the run around, what is it with plumbers?

Sponsored Links
Back