DIY Kitchens

I found Howdens good to deal with. I’m renovating a house (my own) and managed to get an account open, with hardly any details given.

There doesn’t look a lot of difference in quality from diyk vs Howdens, So think I may go the Howdens route, only pity is they can’t offer bespoke door colour fronts.

Sponsored Links
Did you do Howdens after all? And how do you rate the kitchen?

I'm just costing up some units, like for like, DIYK are cheaper than Howdens for me. £135 for a 400mm painted oak vs £165 from Howdens.

I noticed you had a massive price difference on the corner units... did the Howdens price have all the internal gubbins in it?
Just wondered why is was so different.
howden pre assembled are about as good as it gets for an affordable kitchen imo. i’ve fitted most of the ones available and howden is my favourite.
although I was quite impressed with the benchmarx recently. everything supplied on the same day, and loads of bits over,
don’t like the b&q units. bit of a shocker. although they’ve replaced the top rail on the base units for steel supports , which is handy when fitting the sink in.

Yes I saw the metal top rail, Ikea have also done the same, I’m not keen, but take your point.

Also Ikea have reduced the plinth depths to make the unit larger, think they are 80mm tall now.

Yes I saw the metal top rail, Ikea have also done the same, I’m not keen, but take your point.

Also Ikea have reduced the plinth depths to make the unit larger, think they are 80mm tall now.
and no void behind-beware.

Sponsored Links
I see the rather excellent DIY kitchens planner app is now offline as the beta trial has now ended!! Don't get what they were thinking there, it was so useful.

Yes, it's a pain, but Ikea's kitchen planner is pretty good, even if you are not buying their units.
Your designs stay on their server for a year.

Yes, it's a pain, but Ikea's kitchen planner is pretty good, even if you are not buying their units.
Your designs stay on their server for a year.

Yeah its pretty decent, but they don't have all the Howdens/DIY kitchens unit sizes.

Correct, think I'll be looking at Howdens... as my first choice, I've a feeling that the aftersales support will be better with Howdens than DIYK.

Correct, think I'll be looking at Howdens... as my first choice, I've a feeling that the aftersales support will be better with Howdens than DIYK.

Still shop around and maybe get a quote off DIY, howdens do promise to beat any quote. But you're right, service and stock availability from Howdens is 1st class.

Sponsored Links
Back