Hows this shower come apart?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

I basicly need to hardiebacker on the studwork but not sure how the pipe comes off and the plate around the controls.

Sponsored Links
The chrome shower pipe unscrews ( anti-clockwise), the mixer plate will come off once the control arms and possibly the valve shroud, are removed.

It would be a good idea to replace that flexi coupling with copper tube and add a few pipeclips/rings before fitting the backing board.

I'm guessing that when the installation was done originally, the chrome pipe was fitted onto a board and then the board was screwed to the studwork.

The chrome shower pipe unscrews ( anti-clockwise), the mixer plate will come off once the control arms and possibly the valve shroud, are removed.

It would be a good idea to replace that flexi coupling with copper tube and add a few pipeclips/rings before fitting the backing board.

I'm guessing that when the installation was done originally, the chrome pipe was fitted onto a board and then the board was screwed to the studwork.

I was wondering how to refit it. You must be right that they fitted the pipe to the board them used the flexi to connect. Only thing is the board them has to be tiled so not sure how you would go about that.

I thought that little cover plate might be separate to the chrome pipe and it srews on afterwards but it seems solid.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back