Shower valve supply recessed plywood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just about to put my pipes in place at 150mm centres for my shower mixer.

How is this best done on a stud wall?

Do you install recessed plywood so that it is flush with the front edge of the studwork so it can be boarded over flush, or do I put s piece of 4x2 on horizontal and clip the pipes at 150 centres to the bottom of the timber? If I choose this option, will the tiles and plasterboard provide enough support to hold the shower control, considering the pipes would be clipped below the horizontal noggin

Cheers

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Just about to put my pipes in place at 150mm centres for my shower mixer.

How is this best done on a stud wall?

Do you install recessed plywood so that it is flush with the front edge of the studwork so it can be boarded over flush, or do I put s piece of 4x2 on horizontal and clip the pipes at 150 centres to the bottom of the timber? If I choose this option, will the tiles and plasterboard provide enough support to hold the shower control, considering the pipes would be clipped below the horizontal noggin

Cheers

Cheers

Fitting ply flush is a stronger and better job and will be easiest for you when fitting the shower valve using a fixing kit like the one Muggles linked,
a level line along the ply and bore the two 16mm holes at 150mm centres through it, the pipes wont move when tiling,

This one? If so, I'd suggest just bringing your 15mm supplies straight through the wall, doing all your tiling, then using a bar shower mounting kit to fix it to the tiles. Much simpler. Line the walls with ply then tile on top, or alternatively use something like 12mm No More Ply straight onto the studwork

Yes that's the one!

So is this correct order:

1. Would you ply the whole area / stud wall to be tiled as I was originally going to use aqua board?

Edit: or do I recess the 18mm ply so that the front face is flush with the stud, then fix aquaboard to the wall as per usual?

2. bring my cooper pipe out of the wall at 150mm centres without and clips/ support?

3. Tile the area/wall

4. Fit mounting bracket to tiles and then screw valve on?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back