How's your luck with Premium Bonds?

Thanks. I've tried ibuprofen gel and Voltarol gel. Neither are much cop and I'm sure it's not muscular as it clicks/crunches. Possibly a trapped nerve as sometimes when I'm sitting real still, I get a fluttering/tingling/minute spasming across the skin over the top of my shoulder. Going to have to give in on Monday and phone the doc although I don't know what he will be able to do by telephone consultation.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Do you get an email/text message when you win or is it just put in your bank account?

Sponsored Links
Do you get an email/text message when you win or is it just put in your bank account?
I use the app to check for any winnings. You can also check on the site or even have Alexa check for you. As others have said, you can choose to have the winnings paid into your bank or reinvest in more bonds. We used to reinvest but now we are holding the max, you have to have the winnings paid into your account.

Thanks. I've tried ibuprofen gel and Voltarol gel. Neither are much cop and I'm sure it's not muscular as it clicks/crunches. Possibly a trapped nerve as sometimes when I'm sitting real still, I get a fluttering/tingling/minute spasming across the skin over the top of my shoulder. Going to have to give in on Monday and phone the doc although I don't know what he will be able to do by telephone consultation.

I had that years ago, with the noises you describe. Dr said it was likely to be subluxed acromioclavicular joint (that was easy for him to say!). Has to have several steroid injections into shoulder joint, which sorted it. Was quite painful, especially when trying to use arm for lifting, etc.

Shoulder joints can be tricky as they are complex, being the only joint to allow movement in all directions.

When you reach the max, winnings can no longer be reinvested so will automatically be paid to you

Even if you didn't ask for it.

£50 for Mrs Mottie, nothing for me, my son, my mum and my MIL. Now that interest rates are rising, I might just consider plopping my money into an account that is equivalent to winning three prizes each month, every month but I know I'm going to be lazy and do nothing again!

Last edited:
£50 for Mrs Mottie, nothing for me, my son, my mum and my MIL. Now that interest rates are rising, I might just consider plopping my money into an account that is equivalent to winning three prizes each month, every month but I know I'm going to be lazy and do nothing again!
Well, this month was decider. I'm out. With interest rates on the up, I've just opened an instant access account paying 1.5% and closed my premium bond account. As soon as my £50k hits my bank account it's going in to the instant access account. It might only be £750 interest but it's equivalent to 2.5 x £25 prizes each and every month. As interest rises on other accounts I'll switch it around. Mrs Mottie will probably do the same.

When I had 50k in for a couple of years it returned 1.9% per year , better than most savings accounts at the time (rates averaged .5%)

Sponsored Links
Back