Howto fit Marmox boards in a wet area

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be grateful for some advice. Should I line the bathroom wall top to bottom with Marmox boards and install the bath against it and then tile, like in attached photo? Or is it better to fit the Marmox board over the lip of the bath? A tiler told me that doing the latter will create a better seal. Would you agree? If so, I should I cut the Marmox board at bath hight and slide in the bath a few millimetres and seal the 1-2mm gap. What would you advise?

Sponsored Links
board the lot, then silicone the bath to the wall (use good silicone with mould inhibitor), then tile down to the bath leaving 2-3mm gap, then silicone the joint between tile and bath.

board the lot, then silicone the bath to the wall (use good silicone with mould inhibitor), then tile down to the bath leaving 2-3mm gap, then silicone the joint between tile and bath.
Many thanks :D Which Silicone would you recommend. I used the Unibond silicone in the past and it was supposed to be mould resistant. But Mould seemed to propagate on it better than on any other surface :oops:

Sponsored Links
fully agree on the dow corning, been the best for years

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back