Sealing Joints/Fixing Points on Marmox Multiboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got my bathroom boarded now with Marmox Multiboard. Just got to wait for the tile adhesive to go off on the small area of wall I had to stick some to so I can fit the mechanical fixings. I'm just not 100% certain on what joints should use waterproof tape (and which one to use) and which ones just require scrim tape (and again, which one to use).

I've seen the Abacus Pro-Seal stuff that seems to be applied with a sort of blue glue (thanks to Roger Bisby on Youtube) and various others that seem to be self-adhesive but I'm struggling with exactly what areas should have what applied to them and also whether different manufacturers products can be applied to other makers boards.

It would be nice to be able to just nip somewhere like Wickes or B&Q and get the gear I need but I'm always a bit wary of using stuff from there that might well not be up to the job and fail down the line.

I've attached a piccie of the shower area but the whole bathroom has been done with the Marmox boards.

Any suggestions from you pros would be gratefully received.

TIA

shower.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nobody got any opinions ? I'm leaning towards the Abacus stuff coz it seems to be fairly easy to apply but I'm willing to defer to anyone with more experience

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back