Finishing Around a Wall-Hung Toilet Frame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been busy boarding my bathroom renovation with Marmox Multiboards on the stud walls and Q-Boards on the external wall, which have gone on great but I'm now wondering what would be the best option for the Geberit Bog Frame ?

I can get away with a thickness of either 18mm or 20mm so I've got the option of either using some 12mm Marine Ply that I've got kicking around, topped-off with some 6mm Marmox fixed with tile adhesive I have left over (this would have to be taped as I'd have to do it in two pieces coz of the sizes I have left) or getting another sheet of the 20mm Q-Board and doing it in one piece.

Is the 20mm board really going to be up to the job of handling the forces of someone sat on the loo (will be tiled first before re-fitting the pan) or is the 12mm Ply/backer board better ?

Your thoughts please - TIA.

Oops, forgot to add, the tiles are 600x300 10mm porcelain if that makes any difference !

Sponsored Links
It would be ‘normal’ to cover across the front of the concealed cistern frame in just 12.5mm water resist plasterboard and then your tiles on that. So both your options would be pretty belt and braces. Especially the 12mm ply. The weight/pressure the hanging pans put on the wall/frame is very spread out and 10mm porcelain tiles are much tougher than ceramic would be - so all options are sounding amply sufficient to me.

Thanks for that. As you can no doubt tell, It's the first time I've fitted a Wall-Hung bog and I think it's one of those "Jesus, will this work" moments from someone who doesn't do this forra living :eek::D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back