HP Laserjet producing speckling

Thank you.

A search for 'paper path' was quite enlightening but at the same time a little worrying as the last mention under 'cleaning page' states that 'this function removes dust and toner from the print paper path' and, of course, my cleaning of the printer didn't remove the speckling.

The 'intermediate transfer belt' that you mention could indeed have some stray toner from the cyan drum, though why this only prints when we print in black I can't understand. Nevertheless, I suppose I could remove all four toner cartridges and have a look underneath.
If I do, and see some stray toner, can you suggest the best way I should go about clearing the toner or perhaps would you advise me to have this done professionally?
I'm not sure how much this would cost, though, and also if there is anyone locally as sending the printer elsewhere might be difficult.

You can wipe the Transfer Belt with a Soft, Dry Cloth.
Have you got a Compressor?

Sponsored Links
I've been thinking about this and feel that I am not competent to mess about with any internal components.
I think the best thing to do would be to send it for servicing.

If so, I think they will ask for me to remove all the cartridges first in case they spill during movement. In the meantime, we could use up what toner is left and, although this sounds completely illogical, I have found that as long as we create documents including colour, as well as black, pages print correctly. As we don't use it as much as we used to, that could be some time though!

I'm assuming that HP will service their own printers, even if out of warranty.

Anyway, thank you all for your help.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to resurrect this, but our earlier problem with blue specks (now resolved) has developed into yellow specks!
I suspect that this may be due to one of three problems:
All four of our cartridges are the cheaper compatible cartridges - are these more likely to leak?
We don't use the printer very often - can all cartridges begin to leak when not used frequently?
The printer is several years old now and has been superseded - is this a sign that it needs replacing?

It has occurred to us that we might need to replace the printer (and the cartridges).
As we don't use it that often, would it be worth buying another if the same problem is going to happen again eventually? Perhaps if we do, we might be well advised to use more expensive original cartridges in future.

Another alternative would be to 'blow out' all the loose toner and replace all the cartridges, though I'm not sure how to do this. If the problem is down to part of the printer which 'cleans' excess toner from the rollers, and which no longer works properly, perhaps 'blowing out' loose toner may not prevent the same thing happening again.

I'd be grateful for any advice as to what is best to do in the long term.

Back