Huge gas pressure drop between meter and boiler. Help!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
For the record it was £5k and then some more down the line as it turned out not to be wired correctly. Good old DIYNOT helped me with that problem.

You mean the installer got the wiring wrong? Or he discovered it?

well discovered Harry! Another case of just replacing in situ and not checking anything. More money down the drain but checking the GSE reviews on check a trade he’s got nothing but 10s

That's because CheckaTrade, like all of the similar sites, delete any bad reviews very quickly. Not generally a good place to find genuine operatives, the genuine ones are flooded with work and don't need to pay such companies a back hander to promote themselves.

Back again with a tidy hole in the fake wall. I might have to open it up a bit more to be right on top of the pipes but from what I can see and feel there are 3 pipes going up. Two are 15mm I would say and the third one feels larger so I would say 22mm.

Edit- after that I cleared out all the crap in the cupboard and all the (messy) pipe work is there to be seen. If I’m right the gas pipe is at the back and looks to be 22mm and has an isolator on it. If that is the case then it means that a very short distance is 15mm which means the pressure drop is very strange. Oh well let’s see what GS have to say and I think I can fill the hole back in!

Attachments

• 4667DE4B-E9D4-4867-8B0C-B5917C3AED62.jpeg
    4667DE4B-E9D4-4867-8B0C-B5917C3AED62.jpeg
    248.3 KB · Views: 127
  • 0DBD0CBC-B17E-4C1C-B2A4-96B42493354B.jpeg
    0DBD0CBC-B17E-4C1C-B2A4-96B42493354B.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back