Humidi-fan wiring?? trying to avoid blowing it up

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a humidi-fan/timer with no pull cord which needs wiring.
Enclosed are some pictures, I am not 100% on wiring, no instructions included.
Any help in regard to wiring this would be much appreciated

fan5.jpg

fan4.jpg

fan3.jpg

fan2.jpg

fan1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Actually not, I seemed to get locked into the thread while you where editing. I clicked the 'locked' button, and was able to reply, and even went back to the board index and could still see the topic as locked, but with my post inside.

Is this thread locked or is wiring a fan not exciting enough. The fan in question is in a strip joints changing rooms if that makes it more interesting. I have a wiring diagram which I will try and upload but I am having a few problems with it at the moment

Sponsored Links
more photos please
#

John I hope you mean photos of the equipment.

Though I suppose some photos of strippers taking of the insulation could indicate that the OP can use his tools properly........

But seriously the instructions would be useful. especially as the cable is triple and earth which suggests this may not be a seld contained unit and is linked to something else.

This drawing is rubbish I know but if anyone can help regarding the wiring of this fan It would be a great help
fanwiring.jpg
[/img]

in your diagram, where is the incoming power supply?

I presume the knob/switch is just an on/off?

and we can disregard the indicator lamp for the moment

Do you think Orange is permanent live? Or switched Live?

Do you think the PCB is just an overrun timer?

The LED is actually a neon so it can be between Neutral and Live (or switched Live )

But as the unit appear to be self contained with internal sensor why does it need a switched live to (or from ) it ?

What make it the unit. Any labels with names or type numbers on it.
Any other items in the rooms / building that are related to this fan to which the thre core and earth connect ?

Maybe a thermostat or timer elsewhere, or may it is designed to run when the ligt in the room is switched on and also has a humidity override.

The Orange goes from the incoming block, to the "sensor switch" to the fan, so it must be switched live

The Yellow goes to the other side of the neon so must be Neutral

==> The Black at the incoming block must be Permanent Live.

Does that make sense?

I would expect the supply to come from the room's lighting, with switched live operated via the light switch. Then I would expect the PCB timer to keep the fan running for a time after the room is unoccupied.

Thanks for the prompt reply. The fan is coming of the lighting circuit. The supply comes into the 3 way connector block. The manafacturer is a budget range called Avenue. If I can locate the neutral then its just a case of testing and swapping the lives if necessary. I understand its a timer model that comes on via the lightswitch and humidity controllable.

JohnD you were spot on, from left to right terminals 1, 2 and 3. T1 is Neutral, T2 is Switched live and T3 permenant live.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back