humidistat fan

I actually was asking if a clip on type did exist. And asked for advice from others. I actually said:
I wasn't being in any way critical or meddlesome. I was merely indicating that it had been "suggested" that clip-on ones exist - in order to remind BAS of the context after he jumped in and said that a temperature sensor was 'similar'! I don't think it was unreasonable to say that you had "suggested" this, given that with changed emboldening, the quote you've just posted says:
I believe there are others that just clip on to a pipe. But that’s plumbing and something I try and avoid. Others on here may be able to advise you better on that.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
My point was that if somebody wants to use detecting the flow of water in a pipe to a shower to trigger a fan, and wants a clip-on device to avoid having to do "plumbing", then if the shower is a the type with a hot feed, a clip-on temperature sensor will detect the flow of hot water. And will work at any angle.

My point was that if somebody wants to use detecting the flow of water in a pipe to a shower to trigger a fan, and wants a clip-on device to avoid having to do "plumbing", then if the shower is a the type with a hot feed, a clip-on temperature sensor will detect the flow of hot water. And will work at any angle.
Indeed - and I don't think anyone disagrees with that. As I've said, a standard pipe stat (provided it has c/o contacts) should do the job.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back