Humming Noise

Please read post above from Thursday - the EHO doesn't think it is the gas pipe over the railway past the mast as you cannot hear the noise outside the house and it is nearer to other houses than ours and he has had no other complaints.

We have never been able to hear the noise outside. Still waiting for the referral to someone with more sensitive equipment, if you know of anyone please feel free to pass on the info Softus.

Sponsored Links
The EHO has given up now we have asked him to refer us to someone else but that was over a week ago and he hasn't come up with anyone at this stage. We are trying to locate someone not too far from Warrington who may be able to help us out.

Will let you know if we find out the source as it is still driving us mad.

Thanks

WE had a noise very like this and could not work it out eventually it was the phone line and box connection only an idea for you.

Sponsored Links
WE had a noise very like this and could not work it out eventually it was the phone line and box connection only an idea for you.

And how exactly was it making a noise?

What was done to stop the noise?

I dont think the phone line has been mentioned here yet.

Tony

Softus you are so funny have you ever thought of becoming a comedian - no thought not!

Still waiting for you and the EHO to recommend someone who may help.

A near-random few minutes of Googling revealed this site - you could try hiring a bunch of their equipment and see what it reveals (or eliminates).

Or you could hire a gas plant nose detection analyser. This is basically a bloke who stands outside your house, points at the gas plant and says "Oh look, there's the noisy gas plant.".

Could it be one of those Mosquito alarms used to disperse "Hoodies"? Perhaps on a public building close by? It was in the news recently.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2008/feb/10/children.police?gusrc=rss&feed=networkfront

http://www.rochdaleobserver.co.uk/news/s/530/530243_negative_buzz_over_mosquito_devices.html

I am not suggesting you are a hoodie, but if you are in the age range it is supposed to impact it might be worth a thought.

I'd have got Ghost Busters in by now, or David Acora..

Softus you seemed to have latched onto the gas pipe - as pointed out previously - the pipe is some distance away from the house - the noise cannot be heard outside the house and cannot be heard by any of the neighbours or in the surrounding area.

The noise appears to be coming from inside the house. This is why we need to employ someone with more sensitive equipment than the EHO to establish what frequency is and where it is coming from. Do you not think we have stood in the garden (although you can not see or hear the pipe from the garden) at various times in the day and night to try and distinguish what it is. It cannot be heard outside.

I will look at the other sites suggested thank you.

Softus you seemed to have latched onto the gas pipe - as pointed out previously - the pipe is some distance away from the house - the noise cannot be heard outside the house and cannot be heard by any of the neighbours or in the surrounding area.
If you stand in a swimming pool you can't hear the noises that are abundantly clear to those people with ears underwater. ;)

The noise appears to be coming from inside the house.
I know, but until such time as you know exactly what the cause is, you don't know with any certainty what the cause isn't. This is one of the basic tenets of fault-finding, and applies to any scenario where there are multiple possible explanations.

Ok we will just wait until we have an expert on board to assist us. I will report back to you then when we hopefully will have found the cause.

Regards

Has the gas station stopped humming, Clarice? :evil:

_arquivo_hannibal_lecter-copy.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back