Humming noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
For a strange reason, the house started humming and vibrating and the only way to stop the noise is to turn on the bath's cold tap. I don't want to be wasting water all night so can anyone try help me fix this?
No one was using the bathroom or the kitchen at the moment it happened so I found it a bit strange.

I don't know anything about plumbing or stuff to do with pipes. I live in a terraced house in the UK. I also have a foghorn sounding toilet that we don't use but that's not my highest priority

Sponsored Links
is the bath tap on the main or fed from the roof tank ?

foghorn wc = replace the washer in the ballvalve/fill valve

Thanks for replying!
I do not have a clue :oops: but I think it's from the main

sounds like water hammer, loose washer in one of the taps or main stoptap or pipework not fixed correctly, but alot of the time it's a knackered washer in a ballvalve/ fill valve, btw before someone suggests it turning down the main stoptap won't stop it unless thats the tap with the faulty washer

Sponsored Links
Thanks for helping :)
It's late here so I'll have to try fix it in the morning

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back