Humming Shaver Socket

FWL_Engineer said:
Don't By MK or Linolite, I've been doing a Job recently and all the MK gear is total rubbish and the Linolite Shaverlites we have installed are cheap rubbish.

Those that know me also know I usually recommend MK, and whilst I would still vouch for their Logic range
I thought it was a plain shaver socket that the OP wanted, and you can get an MK Logic one. The one in my bathroom is as quiet and as cold as the grave....

Sponsored Links
BAS, from feedback from other sparkies the problem seemed to appear about 12 months ago, so if your unit is older than that then it should be the good old MK stock.

I think it is a real crying shame that i find I must rubbish MK products, I have been a staunch advocate of them for 22 years, confident in the fact that my opinion would not be flawed by nasty products, now I find myself in a position where I cannot, with hand on heart, say this any longer, and professionally and personally I find this an uncomfortable developement.

But is just sums this country up perfectly :(

Jim,

Mk have been going down hill since their famous 20% off promotion. Since that time, they realised they had to cut the product cost in order to compete (having LA's Health Authorities etc as god-given clients is no longer enough), and have made stuff cheaper and cheaper.

The pendant drops they do are exactly the same as 89p ones from Denmans, but with MK printed on the clear rose base.

Their plateswitches are now cheap n nasty- the switch modules now have terms all in line, like those old rectangular Italian switches from yesteryear.

I have given up with at least 75% of MK gear - especially the atrocious Sentry. What a load of Lobbocks!

I have only fitted one recently, and it was a pain to do. The MCB's are still not vertical......AWFUL!

Can't believe how shoite they are.

And the grid components - I got a grid fuseholder recently and took 8 back because I couldn't get them open. You expect the grub screw to open the fuse carrier relatively easily, don't you?

Well, I got there in the end with them, but how can you expect the client to fiddle like that? The 8th one opened easy as pie...dreadful QC. Shocking.

In the late 70's/80's, I used to think MK were shocking price-wise, but worth paying for the quality. I mean, remember the old logic switched spurs with the removeable fuseholder - quality with a capital Q.

But now, pah! They are total carp and I can't see them getting better, only worse.

Sponsored Links
FWL_Engineer said:
BAS, from feedback from other sparkies the problem seemed to appear about 12 months ago, so if your unit is older than that then it should be the good old MK stock.(
It is - I bought it on eBay in August last year. It was new (i.e. unused), but I guess not newly manufactured....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back