Hunt the Budget

It doesn’t need to be instead.

Nothing stops a person acquiring the skill to get a better paid job. There is no Harry Potter style sorting hat that determines what job people do and how much they earn.

Apart from the education, the contacts, and the leg-ups provided by your background

Sponsored Links
Education - state
Contacts - made myself
Leg ups - climbed here on my own
Background - doors open to people with good ideas, talent and a track record of results.

There is plenty of p** and bile to drink for those who can’t be arsed to try and want to blame others for their lack of minerals.

Education - state
Contacts - made myself
Leg ups - climbed here on my own
Background - doors open to people with good ideas, talent and a track record of results.

Indeed.

doors open to people with good ideas, talent and a track record of results.

as they do for people with good family and friend connections, no talent, and no track record of anything worthwhile to speak of.

I suppose one could look on it as some sort of perverse egalitarism: uselessness and ineptitude are not always a bar to "making it" (y)

That’s true no matter what your background.

Tbh I’ve never been one to leverage the network.

Sponsored Links
Education - state
What was the cost of state education to you/your family back in your day?

And what is the cost of the same (or worse) state education (in name only) nowadays to the next generations?

The problem often with many successful self-made, go getter types, is that they often lack in other areas. Particularly empathy. They find it very difficult to understand that many other people don't have the same mix of strengths and weaknesses that they have. This means they can't understand why others might not be as successful financially or career wise as they are. Because of this, the only reason they can come up with in their minds to explain this is that other people aren't trying hard enough. It makes sense to them, and it doesn't mean they are bad people. And then, of course, you have the Eton/Oxbridge super privileged type, but they are just tw@ts.

Last edited:
What was the cost of state education to you/your family back in your day?

And what is the cost of the same (or worse) state education (in name only) nowadays to the next generations?
It's useful to reflect that our parents helped pay for Johnson's and May's free university education.

But they won't help pay for our children's.

I have fond memories of Eton, The George, The Watermans Arms, The college Arms, The Christopher Hotel.

There is plenty of p** and bile to drink for those who can’t be arsed to try
So you think nurses, teachers and many other workers who can’t manage on their wages shouldve been a lawyer where they could’ve creamed loadsa money?

Obviously you don’t think are worthy professions as in your eyes those people “couldn’t be arzed to try”

Sponsored Links
Back