Hut Next To Outside Wall (pictures)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Looking to see if you could help. Had a hut built next to the outside wall of the house, however there is very little space between that and the wall and worrying about water ingress/dampness. Is there anything that can be placed along the hut against the wall that would stop the water. I have a length of angled plastic that I considered using the address the problem, however not sure what the correct practice is.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks

Michael

Sponsored Links
Yes it should have some type of flashing, typically lead. That is a pretty poor job to be honest. :(

What was where the "hut" is now? A set of doors, or window maybe? I can't work out why you have got 2 rows of weep vents 3 courses apart on the elevation just above that new flat roof :confused:

What was where the "hut" is now? A set of doors, or window maybe? I can't work out why you have got 2 rows of weep vents 3 courses apart on the elevation just above that new flat roof :confused:
Just sitting on the stepped dpc in at 1st floor level surely?

Hi guy.

This was the side of the house, no windows etc. Lead flashing is an option, however is there anything else.

Cheers

M

Sponsored Links
AR

Thanks for the suggestion. I understand how this would work, however are there any tricks to the application as it appears the cure/stick on contact so I would need to get it half and half and in a striaght line

Cheers

Michael

get the 300mm f/band and give it a gentle heat with a torch, stick half on the wall with the rest sealed onto the roof.

Just sitting on the stepped dpc in at 1st floor level surely?
Still don't understand exactly what you mean freddy? :confused:

OP I would go along with alastair's suggestion. I would be half inclined to run a length a tilt fillet down the junction prior to the flashband.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back