HW sizing?

S

sturharv

Just after some general advice on hot water storage. I have a job at the moment where there is a large extension to a small cafe building, the HW demand will be approx:

Staff WC room (1 whb)
Male toilets (5 whb’s)
Female toilets (5 whb’s)
DIs. toilets (2 whb’s)
Pot wash area (couple of sinks)
Kitchen and cooking area (sinks, dishwasher/s)

I am considering putting a Megaflo (say, 300ltr.) or similar in to do the HW for the full building, can anyone see any problems with this regarding HW demand, I suppose these kitchens etc. only have a few taps although there will be a dishwasher etc. I know its difficult without seeing the job but has anyone done this type of job before, I don’t want to really oversize the HW just for the sake of it.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
300 ltrs :eek:

Most kitchens i go to survive on a multipoint.

This has quite abit more demand than a kitchen (on a multipoint), a 300 would be on the safe side hopefully.

Either that, or go for a thermal store with heat exchanger?

:confused:

Sponsored Links
Just after some general advice on hot water storage. I have a job at the moment where there is a large extension to a small cafe building, the HW demand will be approx:

Staff WC room (1 whb)They won`t bother using whb.
Male toilets (5 whb’s)No One will use whb.
Female toilets (5 whb’s)These 5 will be used
DIs. toilets (2 whb’s)"2 wheelchair users@ one time :?:
Pot wash area (couple of sinks)KP will use a lot.
Kitchen and cooking area (sinks, dishwasher/s)D/W manufacturer can supply consumption figures

Thanks
Hope this helps ......also read "Down+out in Paris and London" by George Orwell :LOL:

Staff WC room (1 whb)They won`t bother using whb.
Male toilets (5 whb’s)No One will use whb.
Female toilets (5 whb’s)These 5 will be used
DIs. toilets (2 whb’s)"2 wheelchair users@ one time :?:
Pot wash area (couple of sinks)KP will use a lot.
Kitchen and cooking area (sinks, dishwasher/s)D/W manufacturer can supply consumption figures

Thanks
Hope this helps ......also read "Down+out in Paris and London" by George Orwell :LOL:

Very good, you see, you throw something like this into a forum and you get some great answers back!!
:LOL: :LOL:

This has quite abit more demand than a kitchen (on a multipoint), a 300 would be on the safe side hopefully.

Either that, or go for a thermal store with heat exchanger?

:confused:

Im assuming your sizing this for daily consumption? In which case 300 ltrs seems excessive. Does the owner realise what they're paying to be heated everyday. Aswell as the stored water they will need a heat source...Immersions or seperate gas boiler??

Seems a bit OTT for a cafe where people can wash their hands!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back