Hybrid warm roof U value calculator.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any hard set rules when dealing with hybrid warm roofs? I'm looking at a future extension and need to keep the roof level as low as possible. Don't want a cold roof though as want to fit down lighters, roof light and also a terrace area on the top. Also got to really keep the roof level with the garage flat roof.

I've seen insulation values of 80mm on top and 40mm between the joist, but can't find a calculator that will deal with hybrids. Does the insulation on top have to be greater than below, or could I go with 70mm and 70mm for instance?

The other idea to reduce height would be to increase joist width which would allow me to drop from 170 to 145mm joists, but I'm guessing that then I will need to increase insulation to make up for the increased thermal bridge.

Sponsored Links
Hybrid is probably worst of both worlds. If you must split the insulation, it's best to have the vapour barrier on the warm side of the thicker layer.
PS - the thicker layer must be on top.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back