Hydraulic cabinet hinges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, does anyone know if I can repair the hydraulic hinges on my Ikea kitchen cabinets?

They seem to have lost their oomph! One is gone completely, so the door slams back down if you let go and the other is starting go a bit limp too! Each cabinet only has one hinge so there is no backup.

I went to Ikea to see if they had replacements, but the design is different now (I wonder why :rolleyes: ) and the new hinges will not fit. They suggested I bring in the whole cabinet in, but that's a bit inconvenient to say the least!

Here's a pic of them if it helps (sorry it's a bit blurry):

IMG_8732.jpg

Sponsored Links
Hi Amanda, funnily enough I have exactly the same problem with ours, and they have had little use as they are in a holiday cottage. They have the undesirable effect of cracking you one on the forehead :eek:
Anyway, I'll be checking out Screwfix 71151 lid stays in a while but if you find anything suitable I'd be delighted to hear! 15349 could be another possiblity but I think these are for the drop down system.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Amanda,

You can tighten some of these back up, but not all. See if you can turn anything on the mechanism, maybe on the bit with the line on the main 'barrel', if you see what I mean. Some have them to allow for adjustment, in fact the last one I saw was on bedroom furniture from Ikea.

Cheers for the suggestion denso. I took it off but there didn't seem to be anything to tighten or adjust. It seemed to work off the cabinet, it had a bit of suction (if that's the correct term) but once it went back on, it just couldn't take the weight.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back