Hydrogen Peroxide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What ho one and all,

It was recently suggested to me, that 3% hydrogen peroxide is very good for cleaning toothbrushes and de-germing all sorts of things.

Can't find any 3% so bought 6% and diluted to soak the tooth brushes.

When i emptied the mug of cleaning solution into the wash basin, I could hear all kinds of gurgling coming from the trap; so presumable, the hydrogen peroxide was working on the gunk in the trap.

Cleaning the trap is obviously a good thing, but is hydrogen peroxide a way to do so without dismantling the trap?
I would live to 'clean' the almost horizontal drain pipes from the wash basin to the 4" downpipe, but it is almost impossible. Would a solution of HP do the trick?

Thanks and toodle pip

Sponsored Links
EBay is awash with Hydrogen Peroxide 3%, bought some a while back to de-yellow some white Lego that had got sun bleached. Worked a treat though took a few days.

What ho one and all,

It was recently suggested to me, that 3% hydrogen peroxide is very good for cleaning toothbrushes and de-germing all sorts of things.

Can't find any 3% so bought 6% and diluted to soak the tooth brushes.

When i emptied the mug of cleaning solution into the wash basin, I could hear all kinds of gurgling coming from the trap; so presumable, the hydrogen peroxide was working on the gunk in the trap.

Cleaning the trap is obviously a good thing, but is hydrogen peroxide a way to do so without dismantling the trap?
I would live to 'clean' the almost horizontal drain pipes from the wash basin to the 4" downpipe, but it is almost impossible. Would a solution of HP do the trick?

Thanks and toodle pip
In general,you need to be a bit careful what you pour down your drains,especially mixing them, in case they react with each other or perish the seals,plastic etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
6% (20 vol) is found in most professional hair colour kits. it won't do too much harm to the sink and it will oxidise after about 40 mins anyway.

Dont mix

Spirits of salts / hydrochjric acid with bleach

;)

Sponsored Links
Back