Cleaning mould - hydrogen peroxide

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small amount of mould in the bay window area on the wall in the corner by the window going up. I have noticed this morning because a small amount of water has been dripping and leaking down from the roof of the bay area of the window which I think is due to the driving heavy rain we have been experiencing.

In the past, I have used 3% 10 vol hydrogen peroxide to clean mould quite effectively, and for anything else on the surface that the hydrogen peroxide wasn't strong enough to get I used a solution of bleach mixed with water.

I am quite low of hydrogen peroxide at the moment there is only a small amount remaining in the 250ml spray bottle I had bought.

I have noticed the gf has a bottle of something called Wella Welloxon Perfect which is something she uses to make her hair blonde. Do you think this would be an effective alternative I could use to clean the mould? It is quite a big bottle. Half a litre. It contains 9% 30 vol hydrogen peroxide and seems to be a gel-liquid type solution.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back