I Can hear my neighbours water ??

I cannot see why it cannot be dealt with as a simple noise complaint just like noisy neighbours!

An occupier has a right to quiet occupation of the home.

The only think you cannot get very far with is screaming kids next door! The EHOs know that they cannot do anything about that in practice.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
splodge said:
The EHO has been hear and told me that it is not a noise problem...he just won't have it.

If its so loud then what do you mean by what he says?

If he is turning a deaf ear then write to his Boss ( but do please spell "here" correctly! )

Tony

Sorry about the 'hear' here ...the blokes a tosser, because he's not heard of it...he doesnt think its a EH issue...he won't even put any sort of listening devices in nothing...he's just passed it to BRegs !!

danlightbulb said:
I had similar problem where the guy next door had installed a toilet on party wall. Well it was actually the council that did the work cos they guy got some sort of grant for it.

Eventually got the council to come back and put sound insulation on the party wall (which of course meant removing and refitting all the sanitary ware). It made a difference.

Tried to take it as a formal complaint to building control under part E (passage of sound) but it basically came to a dead end as part E apparantly only applies to new builds.

Personally I think we were fobbed off but I havn't got thousands to spend on legal fees which is what something like this would take.

I would suggest that it would be cheaper to sound insulate and replaster your side of the party wall than to persue a legal case.

I've sound proofed as much as I can, but the main area, where his pipes are running is on my staircase. My staircase is on the party wall, if I put anymore soundproof on it...I won't get up it !!

Agile said:
I cannot see why it cannot be dealt with as a simple noise complaint just like noisy neighbours!

An occupier has a right to quiet occupation of the home.

The only think you cannot get very far with is screaming kids next door! The EHOs know that they cannot do anything about that in practice.

Tony

I totally agree......I am going to have to wait to see what the BReg people come back with...before I go down the legal route...this property and my neighbours property are listed buildings...pain in the arse sometimes...sometime not. Both properties used to be in the family until about 20 years ago. Then it changed hands and left to rack and ruin.
I know the pipes where never in the wall, i've seen it with my own eyes....and I also know that his new shower pipes are in the wall as I have been in on numerous occasions, late at night to tell some bloke who's been working for him to pack in the noise....numerous times.....4 years of banging....I've felt every bloody nail, screw etc go into that party wall...it's a wonder there is anything left of it....I never moaned because I was glad in some ways the house was beeing renovated and would finally come to an end.

When the EHO officer came out...he just came out with a loud of old tosh...so like I said before...if nothing happens with BR's it might be a legal case !!

Sponsored Links
splodge said:
When the EHO officer came out...he just came out with a loud of old tosh...so like I said before...if nothing happens with BR's it might be a legal case !!

Just call back the EHO !

If you are not satisfied then write a LETTER to his boss.

If that does not work invoke the Council's complaints procedure.

If that is no good complain to the Ombudsman about the Council's failure to take action.

None of those things will cost you anything more than a stamp.

Tony

Agile said:
splodge said:

Just call back the EHO !

If you are not satisfied then write a LETTER to his boss.

If that does not work invoke the Council's complaints procedure.

If that is no good complain to the Ombudsman about the Council's failure to take action.

None of those things will cost you anything more than a stamp.

Tony

Ok mate...I'll start back at the EHO !

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back