Neighbours shower..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,new to the forum so if this question is in the wrong place then I apologise..
My problem is that when my neighbour showers,(which one I don,t know) I can hear the water in my house.
I live in a detached house built early 70,s.This is a very recent problem starting around 6 months back and I have lived in the house for 5 yrs.
been in touch with the water board,they came out and dug up my front shrugged then left. Is this a DIY job gone wrong or shall I get back in touch with the local water guys and demand action.I have asked my neighbour(having discounted one due to them been on their hols)to switch on his shower whilst the water guys were here but I reckon he knew why said he had but reckon he fobbed us off.
what do u reckon?.Has anyone else this problem and can it be solved?
Cheers
Alan.

Sponsored Links
problem is easy to solve, first of all you need to find the cause.

Is the water actually coming into your property or is it just annoying :rolleyes:
Suggest you speak to your neighbour and inform that any water damage caused by his property to yours would make him liable for damages by your insurance company.
However you need to see if there is an actual problem with drainage or leaks etc :)

Thanks for the prompt replies.
There is no water coming into my house nor thru my drains.Its just the fact that when they shower It sounds as though its coming thru my pipes.
When in our bathroom its really prominent and very annoying.
Cheers
Alan.

Sponsored Links
Shared main!.maybe so.Just that we never heard em for 3+ yrs then
bingo,3 times a day...I wonder if they hear us too.. :LOL:
Great forum btw.
regards
Alan.

Cant solve your problem, But when you next hear it turn on all your cold taps. Your neighbours water pressure will drop, thus giving them a rubbish shower, they will soon get fed up with it and perhaps sort the problem out for you. :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back