I found a 90p coin, can any coin collectors help me identify it?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
upload_2016-7-1_16-53-10.png

No wait it's gone up, this was all Remain fear tactics!

it's actually 82p!

I've been offered a Euro for it.

Sponsored Links
Yesterday, the value of the pound plunged to a 168 year low. Yes, really.

During exchanges in the House of Commons today on how the UK should leave the European Union, the pound decided to make history.

sterling stood at 1.227 US dollars.

However within minutes it began to tumble, and just an hour and a half later – it hit 1.217 US dollars – a drop of 0.8%.

Which is the lowest it has been since 1848 – when revolution was spreading across Europe.

Sponsored Links
interesting to see that your site uses the word "crisis" when there was a 14% devaluation.

"1967 saw another crisis in the British economy and Harold Wilson announced, in November 1967, that the pound had been devalued by just over 14%"

I wonder how it will describe the 20% we've seen in the past year.

interesting to see that your site uses the word "crisis" when there was a 14% devaluation.
"1967 saw another crisis in the British economy and Harold Wilson announced, in November 1967, that the pound had been devalued by just over 14%"
Except the devaluation was the proposed solution to the crisis:

"Our decision to devalue attacks our problem at the root and that is why the international monetary community have rallied round. "From now the pound abroad is worth 14% or so less in terms of other currencies. It does not mean, of course, that the pound here in Britain, in your pocket or purse or in your bank, has been devalued. "What it does mean is that we shall now be able to sell more goods abroad on a competitive basis."

instead of being one of the results of the Brexit crisis.

it's a problem that your imports are costing more than they did a year ago.

Oil, steel, phones, cars, sugar, coffee, French electricity, air fares, grain, animal feed, holidays abroad....

The 20% drop in the pound is trickling through to consumers as stocks run down and contracts are renewed.

What do you think will happen to your standard of living?

What do you think will happen to your standard of living?
To me personally? Not much difference. But that may be because I'm the sort of person who saves money for the future, doesn't get into debt, doesn't waste money on tat, who manufactures things to make money for myself, and who sells it (mainly) outside the EU. Sounds like you're bitter because you didn't prepare for rainy days?

Last edited:
Oh you silly boy.

Making up and publishing your false fantasies.

Maybe you're lucky to have no savings, no pension and no wages that will be eroded by inflation resulting from the incredible shrinking pound.

edit
Funnily enough Bernard agrees with you, though he said on a previous thread that he wasn't concerned by the Brexit collapse because he is so wealthy.

Because I have no need to increase my income nor desire to amass more savings.

Last edited:
Maybe you're lucky to have no savings, no pension and no wages that will be eroded by inflation resulting from the incredible shrinking pound.
You misunderstand me; I didn't say my money wouldn't go as far. The key point is, unlike you, I don't measure my happiness in pounds and pence. As long as I can afford what I need, everything's rosy. If it costs a bit more, meh, freedom isn't free. We just came out of a recession; if people didn't get the hint that they need to save more and spend less, then that's their own silly fault.

you have no idea how I measure my happiness.

You are very arrogant to pretend, or imagine, that you do.

The fact that we are just starting to enter the Brexit recession will affect many citizens as it damages their standard of living and their plans and prospects. I see you display no interest or sympathy for them.

The fact that we are just starting to enter the Brexit recession will affect many citizens as it damages their standard of living and their plans and prospects. I see you display no interest or sympathy for them.

Crikey, you are infesting the jokes forum now.

Crikey, you are infesting the jokes forum now.

Why don't you start a word association thread in the Word games forum, I'll start you off ....Doom

Sponsored Links
Back