washing machine wont drain till most water removed by hand

What you need is a big 'ammer. If it can't be fixed with a big 'ammer, simply buy a bigger 'ammer.

Sponsored Links
Aah! there is a secret message in your post, oh well, everyone has to start somewhere. If we were all born clever, we wouldn't have needed our mums to wipe our botties! We had to learn that art! or shall I say technique! :LOL: Still some of us haven't fully masterminded this clever little technique are seen loitering about on forums with smelly butts! :cry:

only time I ever wished I had a big ammer was when my old laptop kept behaving funny, work one minute freeze another, kept coming up with this error code or that error code, no matter how many times I reloaded windows xp, it would work fine for a day ot two then started to behace erratically, tried all sorts of disc clean up programmes and anyi-virus software, but bthat computer cost me more in time, money and frustration, I wish I had a club ammer and smashed it to pieces, but luckily some bloke confident that he would sort it out in no time aand bought it off me for hundred quid, and when I met him a few months and asked if his computer was sorted out and he said no I smashed it to pieces!

Hi Mike

Well the multimeter arrived but by then I'd already booked an engineer so I left him to get on with it. And we he arrived, he blew pipes and quietly worked his way to the pressure switch and then got out his multimeter and ... he thought it was fine.

That's the good news.
That's also the bad news as he figured that the problem must be with the timer / program unit, which is over £205 to replace. Hm.

The reason that it emptied when most of the water (or pressure) was removed, was that the program took a different route when the drum was empty and that part of the program was still working but the not the part where the pressure was higher.

By the way I liked your idea about the cut plastic tube to give different pressures signals to the switch. Never got around to trying that.

Ah well, now I'd better go and find a new washing machine.
Thanks for your help.

Neil

Did he check if the heating element was fine? as I mentioned some washing machines will halt if the water temperature does not rise as per programme chosen.

This is why i also asked you to choose a simpler wsh programme without the need for a hot wash, and also if the programme on the board has gone corrupt, it may only halt on a certain programme and possibly fly through other programmes.

There are 2nd hand washing repair shops littered on the back streets of East london, where one can always get a second hand board for about 25 to 50 quid, likewise, you may have your local repair shops strewen around so check with them if they have a used board.

Sponsored Links
Hi Mike
I'd already checked the heating element by putting the machine on a hot was when I was degunking it. And I'd also tested it on a cold wash. Same problem with both, fails to empty when full water load.

Re picking up 2nd hand board, yes I would do that if it were me alone, if only for the curiosity to get the thing working. As it is, t'other party needs her machine working, so if ordered a new model. Pity to see the Miele scrapped when it's 99% in working order ... :(

Cheers
Neil

could have drilled a hole in the front panel and added a flick switch and when the machine has completed a cycle you could then instruct your misses to flick at the switch in order to continue to drain and spin, and tell her this is a latest update to prevent creases! so its like a computer when you hit the shut down button, it will not shut down until you have confirmed again yes you do want your computer to shut down! Add some colourfull lights as well to the diapgram switches, and tell her she can see all the processes going on, may make her very exciting! the worlds best modded washing machine! LOL

Or go out and buy a brand new boring machine!

A neighbour called me in to fix her Bosch washing machine after it done a wash cycle but did not spin dry her clothes, and when she tried to run the machine again, it simply just did not run at all, although it had drained all her water, but the clothes were soaking wet.

So the first thing I checked was that her main pump was nnot blocked, and it appeared free of any blockages, except for the normal muck that you see lined up on the internal pump housings,

So I then removed the top cover, took out the small tube from the pressure switch, and tried blowing through it, and I met a lot of resistance, so I knew the tube is blocked up badly,

Unclipped the entire rubber hose aseembly that connects the drum to the pump and feeds the tube for the pressure switch, and there it was all gunged up with slimey smelly stuff, felt like silicon mould! but much softer in feel! after clearing up all that mess, and refitted the rubbers back, the machine is perfect since.

She is quite happy about it now as she almost went ahead and bought a new machine as she thought this one has given up the ghost as she has had it for nearly 5 years, and then I told her my current washing machine is a Zanussi turbomax, and is nearly 21 years old and still going strong!

Edit: Looking for someting I just found the original receipt for this Zanussi washing machine, bought in 1991 July, for GBP.430.00! no wonder it is still going strong since the more you pay the more durable the product!!

In all that time, I only had to change the rear hall effect sensor on mine! and may be a switch on the front that went bad, apart from that it is still with its original drum, bearings, and all else. even the belt has not been replaced in all those years.

indeed people like me are the enemies of wheel of ecconomy! lol
I rathyer grind the wheels of ecconomy rather than the wheel of ecconomy grinding my ass.!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back