I hate cisterns, toilets, pans, waste pipes....broken push button flush mechanism.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

As stated the spring mechanism internal to the push button on my toilet has broken. Ha...easy fix..get a new push button piece. Snap off the old one and whack on the new one. Slight problem...there are 25 million different types and none of them seem to match my one. Posted two pictures. I do not want to have to replace the whole internals just because I have to!!

Does anyone recognise the internals. The top of the main centre piece flush comes away so maybe I can just replace that piece. None of the parts have any names on them.

Will post a picture of the push button mechanism as well.

Anyone any bright ideas? Free beers to anyone who can help out.

....and another thing why don't the manufacturers of these things agree a set of standards so that Joe Public doesn't have to replace the whole house just to get a loo to flush again. Does my head in.

Attachments

• IMG_20150918_093304692[1].jpg
    IMG_20150918_093304692[1].jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 190
Sponsored Links
Bite the bullet, remove all the gubbins and replace with a Fluidmaster fill and flapper valve.

I know, I know.........but everytime I do that it takes ages to get everything sealed and watertight with no drips etc. *sigh*

As I mentioned in the Spanner / Wrench thread, make sure everything is dry and apply a dab of silicon on the threads washers etc, leave a few moments to cure before turning water back on,

Sponsored Links
The only gripe I have with applying silicone is if it still doesn't seal and you have to remake everything, the silicon will be a pain to get off!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back