Push button toilet flusher broken - how to replace?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

The push button flushing mechanism on the top of one of our toilets has broken and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to replace it?

Are these things universal fitting? Presumably its possible to just replace the button mechanism rather than the whole flushing system within the cistern?

I've put some photos below of the flushing mechanism and inside the cistern.

Really appreciate any advice on this.

Cheers!
IMG_3623.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3624.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 307
Sponsored Links
That looks like a siamp flush valve. Can you see a makers name to confirm this? If so, a replacement button can be purchased or an entire valve for less than 30 quid.

Sponsored Links
It's a siamp optima 49 from the looks of it. To confirm is there a curved grey lever connecting on the side of the valve that we can't see?

Spares readily available for it

Jon

Cheers. For that price I'll replace the whole thing. Are there any gotchas to be aware of?

The current button/mechanism is a FlushWise.

Cheaper to get the spares for the above valve I said it was.

Yours is definitely not a fluid wise as it says siamp on it in the third picture after I zoomed in!

Jon

It's a siamp optima 49 from the looks of it. To confirm is there a curved grey lever connecting on the side of the valve that we can't see?

Spares readily available for it

Jon

Cheers John

It's a Siamp for certain - just had a closer look and I can see the Siamp wording on the side which you mentioned plus there is a grey lever on the side - see photos below.

I think I would prefer to just replace the push button if possible rather than dismantle the whole thing and replace it.

Do the photos below confirm that it is a Siamp Optima 49?

Cheers

Chris

flusher1.JPG

flusher2.JPG

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
@badboyhouse yes it's definitely the optima 49

The two pins coming out of the top sit in a barrel that used to be part of the old button. Use a set of pliers or grips on these to twist the section that is in there out. Take it steady and it will come out easy enough. New one will screw straight back in. 5 minute job.

If you get the new button first you will be able to see everything clearer and it will all fall into place.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

@badboyhouse yes it's definitely the optima 49

The two pins coming out of the top sit in a barrel that used to be part of the old button. Use a set of pliers or grips on these to twist the section that is in there out. Take it steady and it will come out easy enough. New one will screw straight back in. 5 minute job.

If you get the new button first you will be able to see everything clearer and it will all fall into place.

Let us know how you get on.

Jon

The button arrived today - only ordered it yesterday!

Fitted and working 2 minute job.

Thanks again for the advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back