i have a problem with my jvc camcorder

B

B.O.B DOLE

can anyone help me please i have a jvc gr-d70ek the problem i get is that every time i turn it on it says on the screen plaese wait condensation
i have left it for over a week and still it says the same anyone got any ideas what it could be.

MOD

moved as posted in wrong forum

Sponsored Links
camcorders and (mainly older) vcr's in general have a small condensation sensor (normally interleaving conntact strips) normally located near the head drum in the cassette deck - this is to prevent the tape sticking to the spinning head if condensation is present and therefore causing damage to head / tape.
It is likely this sensor is either contaminated, faulty or maybe problems elswhere down circuit. More than likely just needs a clean!
I would suggest you look for it but if you are at all unsure take it to a repairer.

olly_k said:
camcorders and (mainly older) vcr's in general have a small condensation sensor (normally interleaving conntact strips) normally located near the head drum in the cassette deck - this is to prevent the tape sticking to the spinning head if condensation is present and therefore causing damage to head / tape.
It is likely this sensor is either contaminated, faulty or maybe problems elswhere down circuit. More than likely just needs a clean!
I would suggest you look for it but if you are at all unsure take it to a repairer.
how would i clean it

have you found it? e.g. on my sony the device is a small (approx 1cm2) PCB attached to side of deck motor, which is placed to the left of rotary heads. you should see a track pattern on it that appears to serve no purpose.
I really would be cautious of doing this yourself the deck is a precision device which can be upset (or worse) quite easily!
Another note - do not use cotton buds use somthing that is lint free if you really have to have a go!
Anyway I just use Isopropyl Alcohol great stuff unlike meths it doesn't leave a residue.
Has your camera been moved between two extremes of heat recently or been stored somewhere damp?

Sponsored Links
olly_k said:
have you found it? e.g. on my sony the device is a small (approx 1cm2) PCB attached to side of deck motor, which is placed to the left of rotary heads. you should see a track pattern on it that appears to serve no purpose.
I really would be cautious of doing this yourself the deck is a precision device which can be upset (or worse) quite easily!
Another note - do not use cotton buds use somthing that is lint free if you really have to have a go!
Anyway I just use Isopropyl Alcohol great stuff unlike meths it doesn't leave a residue.
Has your camera been moved between two extremes of heat recently or been stored somewhere damp?
i have had it on holiday where it was hot

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back