I have a zanussi zwf16070w1 which is not draining.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I have a zanussi zwf16070w1 which is not draining.

I've put it in diagnostics mode and I get E69 (6 red, 9 green) which I believe indicates a heater fault. All 3 codes that the diagnostics stores come out at E69 (assuming I'm following the service manual correctly)

I've tried the drain and spin section on the diagnostics - spin works fine but no drain.

I've checked the filter and no problems there, drainage pipes are all fine to my knowledge. No sound when it is supposed to be draining - machine just stays idle.

I'm going to pull the machine out and check with heating element with a multimeter (I has a suspicion the heater has been dead for a while and I haven't noticed due to doing mainly cold washes)

I'm concerned about the not draining and the lack of any debug from the diagnostics. Are there any tests I can go through to check if its also the drain pump that is faulty?

Would temporarily bridging the heater terminals with a 28r resistor help trick the control board into thinking the element is there and thus getting me diagnostic codes on the drainage system? (I am very aware of the dangers of doing this with 230v and no I am not fool enough to try to turn on the heating circuit with this connected - which would basically put about 7 amps through the resistor until it either popped or set on fire.)

Would appreciate advice before I pull it out from the wall as it will be a huge faff getting it in and out and I don't fancy leaving it in pieces in the kitchen for long.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back