I have just moved and cant turn off hot water/heating?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house and cannot turn off the hot water/heating?
I have a Potterton profile 60e boiler and a y plan heating set up.
I Have a drayton ma1 3 port valve (actuator replaced) and a drayton lifestyle lp241 programmer. I have a frost thermostat which is set to 5. and a thermostat on the boiler (just replaced)

I can switch between hot water and central heating but when I select off for either it doesnt work. if I program the heating to come on it starts but does not stop? the only way to stop it is to turn off at the mains) I have know idea what im doing can someone help?

Sponsored Links
i wired in the 3 port as per the diagram (was exactly the same as the old one). howcan i tell if the frost stat is working?? (it clicks if i move the dial)
sorry im a bit stupid.

Sponsored Links
i wired in the 3 port as per the diagram (was exactly the same as the old one). howcan i tell if the frost stat is working?? (it clicks if i move the dial)
sorry im a bit stupid.
The frost stat turn the boiler ON if the temperature drops below that set on the dial. 5 probably means 5°C, so just turn it down to the minimum and see what happens. Alternatively just disconnect the frost stat and see what happens.

If you still have problems you will have to carry out a logical fault finding exercise. Provided you have wired up your Y plan as per the standard diagram, see below, you can use the instructions in the Honeywell Wiring Guide. (You will have to log in to get it, but the only valid info you must give is an email address!)

View media item 70

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back