I love my dog i do...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For all those pet lovers who think that Tiddles, Rover or Fido would not look good on a plate then think again.

I doubt that there is anyone on this forum who has been truly starving but this bloke was.

German shepherd, delicious.

Sponsored Links
The bloke was an idiot, why didn't he have a gps tracker with him. I read the story yesterday and found that a tracker would of saved both him and his dog.

Andy

He had Fido AND he is still alive.

Good move bringing live meat. What better way than to have your food reserve carry itself into the wilderness.

Sponsored Links
This story is very sad.

Not as sad as the OP though, who gets a laugh from someone eating their pet dog. Very telling about someone's character. :rolleyes:

The bloke was an idiot, why didn't he have a gps tracker with him. I read the story yesterday and found that a tracker would of saved both him and his dog

".......a bear wandered into his campsite, ate his food, damaged his survival equipment and destroyed his canoe, leaving him alone with the dog."

It's a bit tiresome listening to pet lovers banging on about laying down their lives for their dog and that they would rather starve first, blah blah blah...

Obviously none of those comments came from people who have truly been staving.

We have had our FIL's dog for the last couple of days and it has been a boon.
This story is very sad.

Not as sad as the OP though, who gets a laugh from someone eating their pet dog. Very telling about someone's character. :rolleyes:
What makes you think I find the story funny?

The story does not mention that his 'tracker' was broken by the bear, also why didn't he have a gun?

Andy

For all those pet lovers who think that Tiddles, Rover or Fido would not look good on a plate then think again.

I doubt that there is anyone on this forum who has been truly starving but this bloke was.

German shepherd, delicious.

What your point?
Other than to display your utter contempt for people who have dogs as pets.

Hunger didn't kill the dog. Stupidity did.
The dog could probably have survived on its own.

Its like that idiot Timothy Treadwell who thought a bear would never eat him. Well it ate both him and his girlfriend because he thought he was the clever guy.

I think the guy did quite well considering his circumstances so did a survival expert....

"He survived because he made good decisions. Eating his dog was one of them," said survival expert Andre Francois Bourbeau.

You lot are emotional right now and rightly so. But this guy demonstrates just where those emotions end up when it is down to your life being saved or, (what is really) just an animal.

I think the guy did quite well considering his circumstances so did a survival expert....

"He survived because he made good decisions. Eating his dog was one of them," said survival expert Andre Francois Bourbeau.

You lot are emotional right now and rightly so. But this guy demonstrates just where those emotions end up when it is down to your life being saved or, (what is really) just an animal.

Doesn't detract from the guy being an idiot.

And doesn't detract from you being an idiot also.

Sponsored Links
Back