I need a wiring diagram for s plan i think

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I think my CH is an S plan for what I can work out, it consists of various tanks in the attic, a gas fire with back boiler, 2 two way valves, a room stat, and a tank stat,one pump (above one of the valves) ((the other valve is to the left and higher than the pump).
Programer is a twin chanel with L,N,HWOFF,HWON,CHOFF,CHON
This has been bugging me ever since we got the house, when we want hot water the rads get hot too doesnt matter if HW button is pressed or CH.

I have a 10 way JB for connections so if someone could enlighten me
Thanks Craig

Sponsored Links
put the hw only on and cylinder stat calling for heat if both valves open then its wired wrong, if only the hw valve opens but the pipes are hot past the heating valve then its faulty and not shutting fully.

Try above

Then check reverse flow ;)
Put heating on and check what pipe to rad gets hot first(flow)
Then when cold try hot water only and see if same pipe is hot first if not
then you have reverse flow :evil:

I only sugest this as it has always happened since you moved in :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Could it be the valves are wired wrong?? ie. valve for HW is wired as CH and vice versa. can see now why the previous owner never used heating and used electric shower for hot water.

Also as I look at it there cant be a way round it as pump comes on even with HW, looking at wiring cant see another way of doing it as there is a link for call HW to boiler which is then linked to PUMP, if this is removed then it would not pump to rads and work by gravity, but removing it would stop PUMP working for CH. Which in turn makes me think this is a PUMPED system and that the valves are wired wrong way round as in HW for CH and CH for HW.

Thanks for all who replied so far.

The thing i hate to admit is im an electrician lol in my defence I work on 3p not house bashing and the only CH system i wired was a combi which was EASY :oops:

seco has told you what to check.

put hw only on and see if the ch valve opens too. if it does its wired wrong.

if the ch valve doesnt open then its sticking or passing and needs attention or replacement.

stupid.gif

what make of valves and programmer have you got?

Its sorted.

I had to strip everything back and start again, also losing the 3 boxes that the cables went into.

Problem was (after diving into the cupboard and finding some old motorised valve boxes) that the stats was mixed up IE the room stat switched the HW and vice versa, also at a guess it had the valves changed at some stage and they have been mixed up but this only confused me as I was thinking CH was HW etc. also that the system is a fully pumped system now I a tank of hot water between my last post and now.

Still dont know why whoever installed it needed 3 adaptboxes to make it "AHEM" work :rolleyes: Its now made off into a single box with DINrail connectors
Thanks to all for help,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back