I need advice for boundary fences

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need some advice on this: I have got a big shed at the back of my garden which is about 20 years old. When I was restoring the shed, I realized the 2 fences behind the shed are no longer straight. Neighbours have replaced them since I built the shed and are now V-shaped and taking some my garden space. Obviously they are not my fences. The boundary fence between the two houses whose gardens back on to mine ends behind my fence, which was a straight line before I built the shed over 20 years ago. The neighbours have during that time replaced their fences and seem to have taken advantage of my not being able to see what they are up to, and in the process have slightly expanded their property at the expense of mine.
I don't know how long they have been like this as none of the neighbours told me when they were changing their fences. I have already spoken to the neighbours and all deny any knowledge.

Sponsored Links
How much area/distance are you talking? How big is your/their gardens? One sometimes has to be pragmatic about these things as boundary disputes of this nature can be notoriously difficult to resolve.

The V shaped fences size are both 6’ x 6’ and they stick out about a foot into my garden. One of the fences is actually quite badly leaning into our garden too. I deliberately left about 18 inches space between my shed and the fences so that I can walk around the back of the shed. But now there's insufficient room to squeeze past. So, the actual amount of space they've pinched is not great, but the inconvenience to me is considerable.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back