I need help dont know what to do

system is prob 40 yrs old. new system installed correctly will without any doubt save them money aswell as increasing value of property.

Sponsored Links
fitz1 said:
Sundays a day of relax.
Fine. Relax then, while others work.

fitz1 said:
system is prob 40 yrs old.
House is nearly that old. The system - who knows?

fitz1 said:
new system installed correctly will without any doubt save them money aswell as increasing value of property.
Hm. And your reason for advocating a combi is what?

I don't know you well enough to want to answer that kind of question.

Please concentrate on the topic, not on my personal life.

Sponsored Links
combis due to high demand are very cheap compared to a system boiler,. Therefore use combi if needed as system boiler.

fitz1 said:
combis due to high demand are very cheap compared to a system boiler,. Therefore use combi if needed as system boiler.
Really? You reckon that things that are in high demand are therefore cheap?

S'funny, 'cos I always thought it worked the other way around, and, if so, then combis are cheap for another reason ;)

gentleman asked for advice .i gave him some.wot have u got for him besides reactional remarks.if u have a view then state it rather than beating around the bush, or whatever ur beating.

I'd like to help but I don't want to jump to conclusions about what you original poster are asking you say "boiler that will heat water and give heat independantly too each other but would still like it as one unit in our kicthen. ". This could be interpreted, you want a box in the kitchen which heats the water and the radiators from within itself? Or in other words a combi, or are you asking for a box in the kitchen which will heat the rads and the existing hot water cylinder?

Your cylinder is probably in need of upgrade, but they only cost £120 117litre £150 with unions and bits and pieces about half days labour to do the change.

Pipework from back boiler would have to be capped off or utilised in new pipe runs. A pipe run from kitchen to the main flow and return has to be made, new gas pipe, probably all the way, a lot of installations from your era were inadequately pipe sized, at least in Scarborough that is so.

So based on those few facts what was the question again being more targeted so we can be more specific?

fitz1 said:
gentleman asked for advice .i gave him some.wot have u got for him besides reactional remarks.if u have a view then state it rather than beating around the bush, or whatever ur beating.
Sunday's a day for relaxation. So relax. You're being too serious.

softus , if i didnt know any better i would think u were of the female variety.i:e.very difficult to relax with a woman pecking away at u. :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back