I need help dont know what to do

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have a Baxi Bermuda LFE back boiler behind our gas fire which heats our water and heating, and it looks like its on it way out.
I would like to replace with a boiler that will heat water and give heat independantly too each other but would still like it as one unit in our kicthen. So we can modernise our gas fire to as we have been hitting our heads against a brick wall as no one seems to be able to supply us with one for our current set up.

We still have an immersion heater in our bathroom and have radiators in the house. we have a 3 bed semi which was built in the late 1960's

Any ideas on what I should do, can you help me with the best way to go. I do understand that I have to get a corgi registered company or person in as I'm not planning on doing it myself lol

Paul. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
Hi

Many thanks for that, i have just phone them now, and they will be out to me for free survey on wednesday

thanks again

Oh yeah I dont think I would go with BG that would be expensive lol

Paul.

I think BG would probably sub-contract it to one of the local firms with a few hundred pound mark-up.

Sponsored Links
dal5band said:
I think BG would probably sub-contract it to one of the local firms with a few hundred pound mark-up.
Hm, I wonder why they add a mark-up. Could it be because they have their time wasted by misers who want something for nothing, like a 'free' survey?

It could be that they`ve always done it :cry: In the late 70`s I worked for a small local firm, on a sub-contract basis..............BG subbed to them, who subbed to me .only one customer asked, and when I gave him the full SP.You should`ve seen his face :eek: I didn`t tell him that I used to fit what amounted to a bespoke package for my direct customers, and he got BG`s 5/6 rad job lot :rolleyes: ...To paraphrase Honda...BG- the Power of Advertising........I was only subbing because of the copper shortage :cry:

Hi Nige (and I haven't forgotten you)

I realise that BG are, and for a long time have been, expensive, but I was having a dig. We all know the overheads involved in doing quotes, and surveys are just as expensive, if not more so.

IMHO, to engage a contractor to do a survey for nothing, and then to give the work to a different contactor, is scummy behaviour.

Personally, I never expect something for nothing. I pay my own way and expect to spend money whether I get work done or just receive advice.

get a combi in cyl cupb .keep that nasty condense plume high up , out of the way.

fitz1 said:
get a combi in cyl cupb .keep that nasty condense plume high up , out of the way.
What, exactly, is so universally fantastic about a combi that you advocate getting one without presenting any reasoning?

fitz1 said:
nice and easy does it every time. :LOL: :LOL:
I see. It's a laughing matter, apparently.

If your intention is to make things easy, then why go to the effort of converting an open vented system to be closed, and remove the convenience of having stored hot water?

Or do you just trawl the land looking for opportunities to do what's easiest for you, with no regard to the customer's needs?

customers pocket always depicts standard of equipment. Sundays a day of relax. Sooooooooo relax.ur bein too serious

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back