I only get heating when water's on

Sponsored Links
Hi, I'm confused. When the CH only is on and the orange wires in 10 are at 240V (according to your 'Y' in the list of measurements) doesn't the boiler fire up OK?

I'd have expected Orange to be at low voltage if the CH valve isn't motoring properly and the boiler isn't firing.

I'll just recap quickly, the original problem seemed to have resolved itself, might have been a stuck valve.

A while ago an engineer fixed a leaky exchange unit but also swapped one of the wires in the timer loom which means whenever there is power to the timer the CH pump is on. That's where I'm at now, trying to work out which lead I need to swap back.

I'm guessing it's one of the leads in the live port that needs changing to either 2 or 4

Ah OK, in that case you probably missed the earlier advice from kevindgas..

the pump live should be with the orange wires in the last terminal.

If the pump is wired into the programmer can it be easily moved into the Honeywell connecting strip so it's live lead is connected to #10 (and Neutral in #2) ?

Then it'll only run when there's a demand for DHW or CH.

Sponsored Links
sorry leeroy lost the thread for a while thought you were sorted.

anyway the time clock is wrong as you should have a wire in 1 and not a wire in 2
1 is hot water off this should go to cylinder stat (1. the cooling terminal)
2 is C/H off this should be empty only used with myson type motor on motor off zone valves
3 is hot water on this should go to cylinder stat common
4 is C/H on this should go to room stat common or 1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back