I think I broke my boiler...

Sadly I dont think its active? Cant trace the cable back properly.

IMG_20220807_184306.jpg

Sponsored Links
basically the rdc has nothing to do with the boiler not coming on and I have to phone a break down guy tomorrow? doh, but thanks for helping guys, it may have been otherwise.

basically the rdc has nothing to do with the boiler not coming on and I have to phone a break down guy tomorrow? doh, but thanks for helping guys, it may have been otherwise.

I would guess it may supply (or once supplied) an electric towel rail in the adjacent bathroom?

Can you take a photo of the boiler from the underside? You should be able to see where the power cable runs from there. Alternatively, remove the cover to find the cable. As far as I know, you are legally allowed to do that. I am only guessing but I expect there to be two screws on the top that holds the panel in place. You may need to remove the knobs first. Google the boiler model for instructions.

Ultimately, any plumber or electrician is going to have to look for the source of the power supply. You can reduce the their costs by finding it

There is a possibility that an internal fuse in the boiler has blown. My previous rubbish Ocean Alpha 240p used to use small glass fuses. I used to buy them from Halfords. From memory though, the power light would still turn green. The mini fuse was on the PCB. That fuse however would only blow if there was a fault with an internal component. I still think yours may simply be a fuse in a fused spur.

If you purchase a non-contact "pen", you will be able to determine if there is power running through the flex

Sponsored Links
Ah I couldnt be bothered with that. But the problem was the fan and related circuit which needed to be replaced, cost about £130. I have learnt to not keep turning on and off, doh lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back