I think I'm a bit of a luddite.

E

EddieM

It's also getting worse as I get older. For instance I hate my GPS, but positively love maps. I detest reading anything of substance off a screen. I would never read an online book for instance.

Having all of the might of google etc, doesn't have the same appeal as looking something up in a set of encylopeadias.

Online shopping is a god send, but generally I have to see the goods in question first to check their quality.

I'm sure there are countless more examples I could give, but this is a bit worrying, as I work in IT :eek:

Anyone else?

Sponsored Links
me too. Cant abide sat nav, or half the other junk we dont need and end up constantly replacing for a new and improved version. I dont think half of it is progress, its just a large electronic cash cow

I buy tools, accessories, parts etc on line but would never consider buying clothes etc on line.

me too. Cant abide sat nav, or half the other junk we dont need and end up constantly replacing for a new and improved version. I dont think half of it is progress, its just a large electronic cash cow

I'm coming to the conclusion that it's worse than that. I reckon a lot of this so called progress is actually making us unhappier. For instance do you recall the last time someone you cared about sent you a handwritten letter, I bet a pound to a penny that it made you feel different than getting an email. SatNav, what's so wrong with being a little lost occasionally?

Far too much reliance on all this carp, that's it I'm off to live with the amish. :D

Sponsored Links
You are certainly right there, suddenly my Garmin Nuvi 610t will not acquire satellites? surprise surprise the guarantee has run out, what a co-incidence :cry: :cry:

Back