Silicone rubber sealant: where can I find?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Everyone,
I desperately need to draught-proof two existing box sashes in my drafty Victorian terrace. One of the sashes I plan on renovating next spring. Now I can't because I'm broke! Damn Christmas....

Anyway, I read with great interest the page detailing the various methods to draught seal a window or door here. From the looks of things, it seems silicone rubber sealant would be perfect for me. In both cases, the sashes are more or less on good nick (one of them is fairly new). Its just the perimeter crack that is letting all the air in.

My problem is I can't seem to find this anywhere. I've tried the usual DIY shops (B&Q, Focus), Online (Tooled-Up, Screw Fix), and even general googling, but the only places that have something remotely similar, are for industrial applications.

Any advice? Don't laugh, I was thinking that maybe I could use some left over clear silicon sealant that I used recently on a kitchen project. I know that type of sealant protects against moisture/water, but would it protect against draughts?

Thanks in advance everyone,

Geoffrey[/url]

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back