i want to replace a potterton suprima 60...but with what ?

The latest version of the pcb came with new wiring looms and so far has been ok.

Not in my experience. I've replaced two "latest type" boards in the past 6 months.

Well there you go. I've not been to one in a while. I was never a fan of this obsession to make boilers smaller and smaller. Particularly combis, take note Ideal.
When they brought out the Suprima 120, I thought miniaturisation was getting out of hand.

Sponsored Links
Keep the Suprima until you have a good reason not to. The new boards (the led on the front panel is behind a flat fronted clear moulding which is sort of checkered, and the led changes colour rather unclearly) are reliable enough.
Nothing great about any other boiler to be honest.
You should get a new board, if it needs it, fitted for say £200.
If you spend say £1500 changing the boiler you might save 10% or so on your bills. Whoopee doo.
I'll leave you to do the Cost Benefit Analysis, but for me it's a no-brainer.
Q: Is it broke?
A: .... :)

keep the suprima. apart from the pcb pretty much nothing else ever goes wrong. can get a bit noisy on dirty system.

out of the hundreds of pcb's ive changed to the latest version ive only had to change a handful for the temperature fault, its not common at all IMO.

Sponsored Links
keep the suprima. apart from the pcb pretty much nothing else ever goes wrong. can get a bit noisy on dirty system.

out of the hundreds of pcb's ive changed to the latest version ive only had to change a handful for the temperature fault, its not common at all IMO.

Ditto.. Why change it?

Unless there is corrosion around the flow and return pipe holes, or elsewhere.
Also a new fan if the boiler is a bit noisy, go the whole hog and change the gas valve as well!
New boiler for around £400.00.

Even better get it on contract with Heateam and pay £300.00 and get a years warranty on the whole thing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back