ibm thinkpad will not boot

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all
need help. my laptop will not boot.there is power in there because i see the green lights on the system but the screen remains black.not beeps, nothing.
i have removed the battery and tried to boot from mains supply but the same problem.
if i boot, all that happens is the green lights at the bottom of the screen comes on and thats it. i have also tried fn and f7 key to send a signal to the screen but that did not help either.
hope someone can help me.
many thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi, has the machine had a knock? if so maybe one of the internal components may have become dislodged. Regards Al.

thanks guys.no the machine hasnt had a knock. the only change recently has been signing on to 3broadband.i just run their cd and connected to their network via a usb plug in.
i tried to boot it again yesterday and had an error page. ti gave me two options 1.boot normally or 2.boot from last known good configuration.
tried normal boot and nothing happened.
tried to boot again from start and got 3 beeps and laptop went dead again.there is power in there but the sreen just stays black.
thanks

Sponsored Links
no i cant get in bios.how difficult is it to get access to the memory in a laptop. have worked on pc's b4 but have never opened up a laptop b4.any info will be appreciated.thanks

Hi, Ive not worked on the laptop you have but the ones I have come across have had a small removable panel on the bottom which is secured by either 1 or 2 small screws, remove the screws and the panel and the RAM should be sitting underneath.. regards Al.

Sponsored Links
Back