- Joined
- 27 Jan 2008
- Messages
- 29,571
- Reaction score
- 3,644
- Location
- Llanfair Caereinion, Nr Welshpool
- Country

Easy to change batteries, but warning not to press pairing button, and the sensor is two floors below the main iboost+.
So question will the iboost+ find the sender all in good time, or do I need to disconnect it and carry it up two floors, and re-pair?
I pressed the ½ hour boost, so now have I hope hot water again. But family have been clearing up, and can't find my meter, normally I would only fit batteries showing 1.6 volts, but although I know unused, I don't know how old they are.
So it is I just wait, and it may cure its self, or do I need to re-pair.
I think I have sorted it, turned the iboost+ off, then turned it on again, and it seems it is working.
It did not work, found meter, old batteries open circuit 1.449 volts, which supprised if that was low enough to cause unit to loss commuications, new ones the pair in unit measured 3.1 volts, removed the sender, and took to main iboost+ and pressed and held button B, then the button on sender, and it reported paired, so returned and plugged the CT coil back in.
As to if daughter had picked up the sensor and pressed button, easy to do by accident, or due to battery voltage too low, I don't know. Main battery still at only 85% so that needs to be fully charged, before I will know if working.
So question will the iboost+ find the sender all in good time, or do I need to disconnect it and carry it up two floors, and re-pair?
I pressed the ½ hour boost, so now have I hope hot water again. But family have been clearing up, and can't find my meter, normally I would only fit batteries showing 1.6 volts, but although I know unused, I don't know how old they are.
So it is I just wait, and it may cure its self, or do I need to re-pair.
I think I have sorted it, turned the iboost+ off, then turned it on again, and it seems it is working.
It did not work, found meter, old batteries open circuit 1.449 volts, which supprised if that was low enough to cause unit to loss commuications, new ones the pair in unit measured 3.1 volts, removed the sender, and took to main iboost+ and pressed and held button B, then the button on sender, and it reported paired, so returned and plugged the CT coil back in.
As to if daughter had picked up the sensor and pressed button, easy to do by accident, or due to battery voltage too low, I don't know. Main battery still at only 85% so that needs to be fully charged, before I will know if working.
Last edited: