ICATS advice please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
We have recently had to decline tendering for works because the client specified that contractors should be ICATS registered. I have been to the Correx website so have a basic understanding of what needs to be done but would very much appreciate any advice from people who have gone through the process.

Thank you
Russell

Sponsored Links
Initial impression is its more red tape bullshit to take your hard earned pound.

If i was you i would check out your direct competition and see if they are registered/ing with/for the scheme. If industrial painting companies fail to buy into it clients will not be able to specify registered companies if they are not available in strong enough numbers to competitively tender for work. Plus if their is no legal legislation to be registered to carry out industrial work whats the point? Looks a bit like a self governing scheme with no actual credibility within the industry, i see no links to any government agencies or legislation on their website. With what basically adds up to the best part of two grand for two days training have they got safety, expertise and improving standards at heart or profiteering?

Also find out if the big civil companies are only employing contractors with membership to this scheme.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back