is this efforvecence??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi to all who read this, and thanks in anticipation of some good advice.

I have a formed a traditional type pantry in the kitchen of my renovated and extended house, the back wall of the pantry is external cavity wall the one side wall is also a cavity wall but is now an internal wall as the main kitchen extension no encloses this, the other side wall I built muself as a dividing wall, the front of the pantry is the door with a nibs either side.

Having stripped back to brick i wanted to paint the walls for a nice natural feel, I emulsioned the walls (2 coats) but found staining came through from the bricks on all walls.. I decided to give a good coat of oil based paint to all walls and when this had dried gave a coat of emulsion to get back to a matt finish.

I know have a problem on the back and side wall, the paint is flaking there appears to be mineral salts at the surface and when i rub my hand across it flakes to the floor and it leaves a damp residue on my fingers... I think this is a astraightforward case of efforvecence however I have read somewere that there may be a reaction to the oil based paint i applied.

either way as anyone any good advice or recommend a product or process that will stabilise the wall so I can re-decorate??
My preferred finish is a flat matt,

Many thanks
Russell

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back