ICOS IDEAL HE15 CYLINDER THERMOSTAT TESTING.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.

Recently moved to a new home, and the property has an ICOS IDEAL HE15 boiler, with cylinder tank upstairs...

I have had nothing but issues with it, but in short, after a PCB change due to total failure of the system, we are now left with intermittent hot water...

Heating is always OK, but sometimes there is no hot water...

Now, I thought about it a bit, and while heating was on I manually turned the motor to allow flow to the cylinder tank, thus heating water - however, the system just turned it back to the closed position - making me assume it is the thermostat that is not `calling` for hot water..??

What I need to know, is how I test the thermostat myself - replacement is approx £40, and I don't want to buy it if not necessary...

Basically, can I just join a couple of wires to test the wiring and motors etc, thus proving the Thermostat..??
Or - can I use a multimeter to test wiring at this point, and Thermostat reedings..??

It is a TS207 Thermostat - pictures too big a file to include with wiring - but the timer settings are OK..!!

Taking the cover off of the thermostat and looking left to right, , there is a White wire on the first terminal, then a green wire from the system and joined with green/yellow on the prominent terminal, which links to the other side's prominent terminal...
There is a black wire linking the far right terminal of the left side of this Thermostat, to the far left terminal on the right side of this thermostat...
A solid yellow wire on the far right hand terminal of the right side of the thermostat seems to also come from the system wiring......

Basically, there are three wires coming in from the system - White, Green and Yellw... The black and Yellow/Green wires just seem like jumpers between terminals...

Any ideas..??
It works fine intermittently - so assume it isn't an incorrect wiring problem...

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back