Icos system M3080 won't light

Hi still no joy with the "thing". The heat exchanger all cleaned out. It would appear theres no gas getting through as there is no flue smell of unburnt gas nor does it pick up a flammable atmosphere on a gas detector we use at work.

The water pressure was a little low, but with no sign of a leak anywhere in the system we topped it up and seed to run fine. Would the drop in pressure have cut out the gas valve from supplying gas and does it need to be reset or does it pick up the increase to operating pressure and automatically reset.

BG want £190 for a fixed price repair, I'd kick myself if it was a simple repair so any views would be grateful before making tht fatefull call.

Out of interest what would you recommend as a replacement, its a system with built in pump so I don't really want to start putting a pump in the airing cupboard etc etc.

Thanks in advance Jamie

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Far from it, things get worse. Just that apart from ATAG I still think they are the next best boiler, shame about the company behind them, well the UK side anyway :rolleyes:

ATAGs are just often too big for some installation sites.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back