ID cards

• Thread starter confidentincompetent
  • Start date
C

confidentincompetent

WOW!!! so id cards are ONLY going to cost me an you only £100.
not £300.
Why dont I feel very good about that :rolleyes:

I can see the trillons of £s leaking into clarkes cronies pockets!!

Though as this will affect evryone even council tennants and students. Imagine, a houshold of say five thats £500, could start a bit of unrest like the early poll tax maybe?

Sponsored Links
One assumes the £100 is for life not every 10 years like the passport.
I still object for paying £100 for a little bit of plastic to tell me who I am, especially as I already have a passport and driving license.

Why cant all of these government agencies get their bl00dy acts together so that we have one card that does for everything, instead of £50 for this one another £25 for that one etc etc. :evil:

Sponsored Links
nstreet said:
Why cant all of these government agencies get their b***dy acts together so that we have one card that does for everything, instead of £50 for this one another £25 for that one etc etc. :evil:

The ID card is already being used in The netherland (and Belgium I think) for more then 15 years. It's a legal document you can use instead of a (more expansive) passport when you only travel in most of the European countries.
If memory serves correct ID cards costs 1/2 the price of passport and is also (like passports) valid for 10 years.

Back